Campus Update for COVID-19 operations 3-20
long8游戏March 20, 2020
Dear Brandeis Community,
Below you will find the last operational update in what has been an extraordinary week for all. Brandeis is grateful to the faculty, staff and students who have worked incredibly hard to make the transition to online learning, to enable students to move off campus much earlier than anyone would have liked, and to do everything possible to protect the well-being of students who have been approved to stay on campus. Thank you to families who have welcomed their students back home long before they ever anticipated, and those who have provided support to students who need help with this transition through the . The fund is now approaching $140,000. Many students will continue to face unanticipated needs due to these changes, and the fund will remain open for donations and requests for assistance. Students who wish to access the fund can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To students’ families: you’ve been receiving these daily updates along with the rest of the campus community due to the intense activity around move-out and the establishment of online learning. After today, you will continue to receive information from Brandeis, but not as many operational updates. At a time when you are busy transforming your own work and home lives, Brandeis does not want to inundate your inbox. We will continue to update our FAQs page and address individual questions at email@example.com.
Early registration for fall classes — new dates
Early registration for Fall 2020 has been postponed until April 20th through April 24th. Please check the Office of the Registrarlong8游戏 for up to date course registration information.
Bookstore info and free eBooks
The college bookstore in the Shapiro Campus Center will be open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. now through March 27. The bookstore’s priority is to ensure the campus community has textbooks and other essential items. You may also check the campus for updates and online orders.During this time Follett is offering the following:
- Free Online Shipping: Visit the campus for free shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
- Free Shipping on Rental Returns and Deadline Extensions: are also available.
- Rental Returns: The grace period for returns has been extended to May 27 to allow more time for in-transit rentals to be processed before non-return charges are assessed. are available until midnight of the extension date (May 27).
- at no additional charge: You can access up to seven eBooks for the designated period free of charge using your Brandeis email address.
Spiritual support remains available to all students
Center for Spiritual Life staff members are available to speak with students by phone or Zoom for the remainder of the semester.
- Zen Zone sessions will be conducted by Zoom on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. ET and Fridays at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- Updates and additional offerings will be posted on the Center’s , , and .
- Students can reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, email a chaplain directly, or call 781-736-3570.
will support all students over the next few months, no matter where they are, providing opportunities for meaningful relationships and deeper connections to Judaism. All students are encouraged to fill out the to receive updates.
- cohorts will meet via Zoom, as will other weekly and daily learning groups. Hillel is developing a number of additional online Torah learning opportunities.
- are available for one-on-one conversations via Zoom, which students can schedule directly via email or Calendly pages.
- Student leaders are encouraged to organize virtual gatherings, whether they are offering music, prayer, planning events for next semester, or hanging out.
- Visit for virtual meet-ups with inspiring speakers and leaders.